Sunday, November 9, 2014

Shop 'til you drop in Region 5!

Every time I see the word "shopping" I automatically feel giddy and happy, so much that my wallpaper says "Keep Calm and Go Shopping" so I know I'll have a good time writing this post! :)

Whenever I go on a trip to a tourist destination, I make sure I leave with souvenirs with me. At least I have a concrete memorabilia from the place, not just pictures. Also, as a tourism major, I know how badly the locals need money from the tourists (hello, multiplier effect!)

 Sili Key chain
Image Source: lakadpilipinas.com
When you hear the word "Bicol" you will most likely associate it with "Bicol Express", right? Or is it just me? Haha. Anyway, since Bicol is the land of the spicy (Yup, totally made that up!) they embraced their label and lived up to it even on souvenirs. If Baguio has the famous Barrel Man, Bicolanos have their Sili Key chains!
Image Source: itsleemiyaki.wordpress.com
Mini-fans with chili on it! Aaaa too cute!!


Image Source: angkaladkarin.com
Not just in key chains, it has become so iconic that you will probably see it in every souvenir. Haha. This one in ref magnets! :)



Image Source: rainydaysimhereagain.blogspot.com
Aaaaaa! My love for colors!! <3

Image source: lakadpilipinas.com
Bicol's famous Pili Nuts! Never ever leave Bicol without tasting (or hoarding) jars of these yummy goodies! But be ware, they are expensive. Pili nuts alone are expensive, what more of having it as a commercial product? They go for P200 per jar. So if you just wanna taste it, they have it in small plastics :)
Image Source: lakadpilipinas.com
Authentic Bicol Express in a jar! Forget about Ulalam, they don't taste as good as this one. Nothing beats the original!
Image Source: rainydaysimhereagain.blogspot.com
These fine furniture made of Abaca fibers will surely make a statement in the confinement of your home. It would definitely fit a home that aims a minimalist style with a touch of native handicrafts.

Image Source: angkaladkarin.com
And the standard souvenir in every tourist destination, a statement shirt! I personally like buying shirts because unlike key chains and other stuff, this one I actually get to use on a daily basis. It's so standard that I don't even care if people have seen me wear it consecutively!

Image Source: angkaladkarin.com
Native, hand-woven bags! They're perfect as get-away bags on the beach. They look tropical in every design! :)
Image Source: itsleemiyaki.wordpress.com
These are covered Pili nuts painted in cute designs. How innovative! Try to crack the outer layer and see if there really is a nut inside. Haha.


Image Source: lakadpilipinas.com
Try to pinch in some money for souvenirs from your budget. Not only do they serve as a proof of happy memories you spent on the destination, but you also get to help, in a small way, the locals of the area. Your money will go a long way, says the multiplier effect (yet again! hahaha)

Happy Shopping!! <3

1 comment: